The prestigious and private Molinella complex is surrounded by oak trees, near a stream. It is made up of three independent houses: the elegant villa ‘Il Casale’, on three floors, with private terrace; and two delightful cottages: ‘Il Girasole’, on two floors, with large private terrace, and ‘La Roverella’, accessible for the disabled, with a shady and beautiful garden leading to the woods. In this complex there are a panoramic pool (size: 5mx10m) with a large terracotta terrace with umbrellas, tables and sunbeds, outside shower, stone barbecue and flowered gardens.
The traditional name of this area comes from the Italian word “mulino” (mill), because here there were three water mills, the first one built in 1713 by the then owner of the estate Captain Antonio Mariotti. This is the cottage that today we call “Il Girasole”: under the floor of the living room, protected by a glass panel, you can see the old channel that used to feed the mill. The channel then continued downhill and reached the other two mills (now in ruin). The villa “Il Casale” instead was originally the miller’s home. The mills were in function until the beginning of the 20th century, when they were dismantled and used by the farmers as homes.