- An Italian cooking lesson with chef Michela: prepare and enjoy a delicious and typical lunch or dinner in the common room of the Fontanelle Farmhouse.
- You can participate in our Olive picking (month of October). The activity includes a visit to our oil cellar, to the organic oil mill in Panicale and tasting our new and fragrant organic olive oil on “Bruschette”.
- International summer day camps in English ”Arte al Sole” and “Soccer al Sole”, for children 6 to 12. The first is based on the art and culture of our region, the second offers soccer games and training in the morning and a fun Italian lesson in the afternoon. Entertaining for the children, and relaxing for their parents!
- Nature walks, biking and hiking in Umbria within our property and in the area (we will be happy to show you the trails).
P.S. You will find an updated list of local events, fairs, festivals and concerts in your apartments upon arrival.
- Wine tasting and visiting wine cellars (we can book a winetasting
dinner for you)
- Truffle hunting in a nearby estate (use the truffles for your cooking lesson)
- Swimming, canoeing and sailing on Lake Trasimeno (and taking a ferry boat to the islands)
- Fishing with the fishermen of Lake Trasimeno
- Riding around Lake Trasimeno (bikes may be rented in Castiglione del Lago)
- Golf in Panicale and in Perugia
- Horseback riding and trekking in the area (for experienced riders)
- Arts and Crafts workshops for children and adults at the Museum of Glass in Piegaro
- Visit to the Perugina Chocolate factory (near Perugia) and to the Paleontological Museum of Pietrafitta
- Visiting the many Art and Archeology Museums in the area, including Etruscan sites and tombs
- Water Park and tennis courts in the nearby town of Tavernelle (15 minutes away)
- Amusement park “La Città della Domenica” near Perugia
- Infiorata (beautiful artistic flower carpets are created throughout the town in Città della Pieve, for the feast of S. Luigi Gonzaga, end of June)
- Music Festival Umbria Jazz (Perugia, July)
- Music Festival Trasimeno Blues (hamlets around Lake Trasimeno, August)
- Palio dei Terzieri (historical feast, reenactment and costume parade, Città della Pieve,
middle of August)
- Festa dell’Uva (Grape and wine fair, Panicale, September)
- Music Festival Bianco, Rosso e Blues (hamlets around Lake Trasimeno, from September to November)
- Eurochocolate (international chocholate fair, Perugia, October)
- Beautiful Monumental Crèche (Città della Pieve, Decemberfirst
week of January)
- A delightful human-sized Crèche meandering throughout the town (Corciano, Decemberfirst week of January)
NOT TO BE MISSED: SUMMER FAIRS. Every week a different town offers typical Umbrian dinners cooked by the citizens and followed by music and dancing, to collect funds for a social project. Usually delicious and inexpensive.